REFLECTOR: VG's

Jeff Barnes jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 9 15:06:23 CDT 2012

Hi Kurt,

   I remember the old days before VGs. Rick LaVoie (sp?) came out so see you. 4400ft scared the &^*%@ out of him on departure if u recall.

   I stopped by MidValley for gas in RV6, 96+ degree day, it seemed.  Used a bit more than 1/2 field full tanks, To me that's tight, in a plane that gets off at the 2nd/3rd chute at Flagstaff, full tanks.

      VG = cheapest insurance you can get ?  You have enough riding on things you can/can't control. Take advantage of what you can control. So what if you lose 2 knots cruise ? You might end up the 1st, 2nd, 3rd fastest velo out there anyway?

     Your specs say 325hp, how much HP if it running a bit rough past point no return ? After all, you're cutting edge as far as experimental engines go. Your plane has to survive long enough to prove out that HP rating.

   Good luck coming up. A painted plane is getting pretty close !

Best Regards,

Jeff Barnes