REFLECTOR: VG's

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 7 11:01:02 CDT 2012

New thread off of the testing of 44DX.

I am split right down the middle on whether to install VG's on my 173 FGE, 325HP Aluminum V-6.
Most of my flying is out of High Density Altitude Airports.
It is 10AM here, and the density altitude is already 7000', my home field length 4400'

I know VG's would lower critical speeds. What I do not know is if I will need them with the extra power.
I could just wait until flight testing to make the decision. See how it flies without.
Just thought I would try and get some input from people that routinely fly out of high density altitude airports.

Thanks,

Kurt