REFLECTOR: High speed ground cont.

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Wed Jun 6 16:48:25 CDT 2012

Just did another nose lift at about 70 kts. OAT is indicating 107 degrees on my engine monitor. Coolant temps were around 200 when I took active after a long taxi and waiting for a Cherokee to taxi in. Oil was lower.  Coolant went to about 210 when powered up at the numbers but started to drop slightly as I built  speed. About 205 as I left active and 215 as I got to hangar.

I don't think that is too bad considering the conditions, Really hot and humid.

I was also happy the temps started down as I gathered speed even though the run down the runway was only several seconds. I would hope the temps will continue down to preferred levels as I continue to increase speed. Impossible to know while on the ground.

I know, go fly and find out...  Uh, yeah, but with mid-day temps at 107 on the ramp I think I prefer an early morning and less wind and likely much less bumpy.

Chris
Houston
Velocity SE
13b turbo rotary