REFLECTOR: Build time... was V-Twin in Airventure news

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Tue Jul 31 11:15:55 CDT 2012

Yeah, the "build time" numbers make the old EPA gas mileage stickers seem
honest. :-)

Although, it is possible that the build time could be accurate. If only the
actual building (hands on a part) time is measured and you've built at
least one (or two previous planes).

[rant] Although I wouldn't know since for every minute I spend actually
building, I spend anywhere from 4 - 10 minutes trying to figure out what
the manual is trying to say. Or, after figuring out what I'm supposed to
do, then realizing that the method was changed years ago (and the manual
wasn't updated) and that the part I'm holding in my hand bears no
resemblance to what it looks like in the manual.

I have spent some time looking through the Lancair manual for the engine
install and that is a much nicer manual. They even have some pictures. I've
heard the RV manuals are even better but I haven't seen those.[/rant]

I fell a little better now. :-)

-Don Johnston
XL-RG