REFLECTOR: Ouch

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:23:43 CDT 2012

Something else to consider is the wiring inside the cabin... Some wire insulation gives off toxic fumes when it burns...

Steve

CC: reflector at tvbf.org
From: edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:50:02 -0500
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Ouch

Correct. We had to muster (inventory) our people prior to flooding a (ship) engineering space (engine room). Any personnel in the engineering space flooded with Halon to quench a fire were written off as dead. Either the fire killed them, but if not the Halon certainly would. Fuel fed fires are nasty beasts and not easily controlled. Nothing better than Halon, maybe that's why it's not banned yet (EPA).I don't see a problem flooding a Velocity engine compartment with Halon either in-flight or on the ground. Great thing is cleanup is a snap as it deploys as a gas.

Mark B. MageeN34XL
Sent from IPhone 4