REFLECTOR: Connecting crankcase breather to exhaust

David Rene Dugas renedugas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 13:21:38 CDT 2012

I have flow with and without an oil air separator and like the separator. Seems to me that the fumes and aerosolized oil that is exiting to the separator is exactly the same atmosphere everywhere else above the oil in the case. This mixture is being returned down the sides of the case all the time in the splash. For very short flights maybe some moisture is returned but since the separator primarily collects droplets and most of the mist is oil then this very uncomplicated device is doing what it is sold to do-capture escaping oil. With the separator I can run 2 more quarts of oil than without.
Probably not worth two cents but there it is.
600 hrs.

Rene' Dugas
Sent from my iPhone4S