REFLECTOR: Exhaust Noise

Fred Anderka fred at holohil.com
Fri Jul 13 14:26:56 CDT 2012

I am running an IO-550 with six straight stacks (Factory Stock).  Has anyone with a similar exhaust setup had their noise level measured on TO?  I am sure it is way above 95 db.  Have not had any warning tickets yet in California, Nevada, or any of the other western states.  Having Canadian registration, they probably can't find me.  There is no concern at airports that have a National Guard base, a couple of F-15, 18's or A-10's playing around make a LOT of noise on TO.

Fred Anderka
XL-RG C-GHOL