REFLECTOR: Coolers

alec alec at rhodius.com.ar
Wed Jul 11 20:13:00 CDT 2012

I'm also an "Instructables" fan, after going through their site and other ones, decided to build my own for the hot summer days. I had an old ice box in good shape stored away which I didn't want to spoil, so I  inserted a removable wooden shelve 3/4 up in the ice box with a handle in the center, installed a car fan at the right side of the handle an made two 4" holes on the left side of the handle where directional pipes direct the "humidified cold air". This unit is power at the 12volt cigarette power plug, added a on/off switch, a test light and a fuse. At the bottom of the ice box I placed a 1/2" plastic cold unit, on top of these, I store the beverages and ice. The handle serves to pick-up the shelve and discover iced cokes & beers! The fan directs the warm cabin air into the unit, passing by the beverages and going out by the directional pipes. I'm very happy with the unit, it's not superb though after 1/2 hour my cabin feels cooler :)
If you would like pictures, please send me a line.
Best regards
Alec