REFLECTOR: fuel cap

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:59:30 CST 2012

Hi Lou,
You can gound your fuel tanks via your exhaust stacks, just clamp to them.
Least this was conventional wisdom from my days as an EZ Driver. We have
steel fuel lines to the engine plus the fuel itself will conduct the static
electric charge away from the tank to the engine block, the exhaust pipes
carry it from there. I grounded my bird for fueling for many years to the
exhaust stacks in very hot and low humidity conditions (high static charge
environment) in the desert southwest with no hint of any static discharge
problems. Pretty handy really. I never noticed the fuel truck clamps
marring my exhaust stacks, they have a brass inset.

Mark B. Magee
N34XL XLFG 300HP 80HRS