REFLECTOR: Michaels Epoxy Pump or handpumps ?

Tom Falls tomfalls6 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 10:11:15 CST 2012

I do something similar . . . But. . . . I bought just the pumps that are for West  Systems epoxy, and I use them on the EZpoxy cans. There are 4 pumps in the kit from Aircraft Spuce. The two I ended up using require 2 strokes of hardener to 1 stroke of resin to get 44:100.

I pumped multiple times of hardener into a cup and weighed it, and did the same for the resin into a separate cup to verify the strokes needed from each to get the right ratio.

Then I made a chart of Hardener strokes + Resin strokes = Epoxy (grams). For example, 1+0.5=20.5 grams, 2+1=43 grams, 3+1.5=64 grams, etc.

I weigh the cloth then mix an equal weight approximately of epoxy. That way I start with close to a 50:50 cloth:epoxy layup and end up with closer to the optimum 60:40 cloth:epoxy ratio by the time I'm done squeegeeing away the excess epoxy.

Tom