REFLECTOR: Michaels Epoxy Pump or handpumps ?

Jack Prock jackprock at wavecable.com
Sun Jan 29 23:48:55 CST 2012

Hi Patrick,

I have the expensive Michaels pump and it works great when moving a lot of epoxy through it, like when I was building
my wings and canard. But, if you aren't using a lot of epoxy, the pump tends to get gummed up.
After I finished the big pieces, over time the epoxy tended to get sludgy and hard to move through the pump.
I spent more time cleaning it than using it.

If you only have small parts, just buy a good electronic scale and use hand pumping to measure out
the ratio. This works fine and you won't waste time with all that cleaning. My epoxy pump is now cleaned
and empty and sitting in storage, while I finish the rest of the plane.

Jack