REFLECTOR: Another Trim Question

Laura Walker blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 27 08:03:46 CST 2012

Chris,

Something has to be binding in your elevator control system. Disconnect the pitch servo if you have one. Disconnect the trim spring, then check for resistance at both the elevator and the control stick. Both should move with no binding, just the inertia of their mass. The connection of the stick to the elevator push tube can add substantial friction if tightened just a little too much.

I checked my movement the other day and there is ZERO compression of the pitch spring during trim application even with the servo connected.

Bill
Sent from my iPad