REFLECTOR: Cabin Heat1

Fred Anderka fred at holohil.com
Wed Jan 18 11:38:14 CST 2012

Alex:

Am planning to route the exhaust (1" flex pipe) through the oil cooler duct below the cabin heater flap.  Combustion air will come from the front wheel well area.  Hoping that there is no great amount of soot that might leave a smear on the belly.  I have a similar heater on my tin boat and have not seen any hint of residue.

Will duct the supply air through a 3" hole in the canard vanity panel and split the heated outlet air and duct it into the footwells.

Fred

Where does the exhaust go?

Lawrence:

Have not tried it but I don't see why it should not work with Jet A, its mostly kerosene.  The heater has a whole bunch of electronic interlocks that prevent over temperature, lost ignition, etc. conditions.  The unit is sold for heavy truck and boat cabin heating so I suspect it can handle a wide range and quality of diesel fuels.

Fred