REFLECTOR: Cabin Heat

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 11:58:35 CST 2012

Since I have an Aluminum block V-6, my toasty warm heater assembly won't work for most of you folks. However, 2 items that may be of help:

1,  Blower motor from an old VW Rabbit. Puts out LOTS of air, and is incredibly light and small for the air it moves.

2,  Solid State motor controller. Instead of wasting all that power with balast resistors, try using one of these. It offers infinite speed control by pulsing      the power instead of wasting it in the form of heat. I can look up the part number if anyone needs it.

Another warming device that really seems to help if it is too cold in the back:  There are Lots of electric fleece automotive throws out there now days. They work wonders. I use it flying the Rockies at 30-below in the Cherokee. The heat doesn't get back there as well as the front seats, and a little wing root leak can draft things up big time. They are pretty cheap now and do not draw too much current. Sure to keep things more civilized!

Kurt