REFLECTOR: No management fuel systems

Andrew Judge ajudge at grovenetworks.com
Sat Jan 14 13:04:06 CST 2012

That sounds right. I've been fighting uneven flow since 1998. It's never sucked the sump dry or even made any impact in the sump, but it will blow all your fuel out if you forget the cap. Mine sometimes drains one side, then goes to the other side. That's one reason I've use the led sump low fuel sensor. It works better than the float.

I know in the past, there have been discussions and accidents blamed on uneven pressure in the tanks. It still worries me in my plane at times.

Andy