REFLECTOR: No management fuel systems

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 11:52:14 CST 2012

Interesting thread. Lost a cap in the Cherokee once, didn't do a thing, no fuel lost or feed problems. Must depend on airfoil and placement of the cap.
Since I lost that thing though, and a replacement cap for a 40+ year old airplane costs a fortune, I have a spare, just in case. I also have spares for the Velocity.
Since we know that the V will most likely lose fuel, or crossfeed, it is pretty cheap insurance to have a spare tucked in the airplane somewhere. The resin ones are very small, and lite. As for the rest of the fuel system, Mine is just as in the plans.... Seems to work quite well for years.

Kurt .