REFLECTOR: Engine Starting

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri Jan 13 20:03:47 CST 2012

The issue is that if the voltage drops too low, the EI may not fire at the right timing you could get kick back and maybe
damage something.  I have the generation 1 electroaire and the min voltage for that is 8v.  I used to start on the mag
alone.  Last year I switched to a car battery which has plenty of starting power, even in cold weather, so now I am not
concerned with a low starting voltage and start with both.

John