REFLECTOR: Cabin Heat

Don Johnston don at numa.aero
Fri Jan 13 18:24:25 CST 2012

Ruben,

Here's my theory: The temperature of the air is only going to increase so
much by passing through the oil cooler.  On a cold day in the north with
the OAT at -10F, I'm guessing an increase of 50F from passing through the
oil cooler. This means 40 degree air blowing in.

So I installed a damper between the front/side NACA and the oil cooler.
Moving the damper to block the outside air uncovers a duct from the cabin
which is fed by a blower. This way I am recirculating cabin air through the
oil cooler at a lower speed.

In a couple years when I'm flying I'll let you know if it works. :-)

-Don