REFLECTOR: Cabin Heat

Jeff Howell jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:18:15 CST 2012

Ruben

What I did to achieve greater heating in my plane is to add a second oil cooler in series to the one in the nose. Mine is plumbed so that the HOT oil goes through the nose oil cooler first and then through the primary oil cooler through the wing via a naca vent... Really cool design. I have the exhaust of the nose oil cooler choked down to about 1/5 of the factory outlet. (This is primarily a pressure relief so I don't get to high of pressure in the plenum.) I then have a similar setup to the stock velocity on bringing the HOT air into the cabin. This alone helped tremendously.  I also have rear heater witch pulls a great amount of heat through a heat muff off the exhaust system. Between the two heaters you can make it hot in the plane... Jeff