REFLECTOR: Seat screws

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Sat Jan 7 15:45:25 CST 2012

I was wondering if others had had trouble with the seat hinge screws breaking and/or distorting. I have had to replace twisted and broken screws a few times now. Ok, while I am by no means a small man (5'10 at 200 lbs) I am not so big that I would think I would be stressing these parts.

One thought is that I have been standing on the brakes a lot doing engine run ups and testing, but still it seems odd.

I have now added extra screws by tapping out additional screw holes. I am close enough to hopefully successful flight that I wanted to address this gremlin.

I had the tech out to test my transponder and it has a problem so he took it to take a look (really nice and helpful guy for those in SE Texas). Next step, squawk party....

Chris