REFLECTOR: VG

Stockman, Bill bill.stockman at daytonaero.com
Fri Jan 6 10:19:16 CST 2012

I've flown with and without them on my 173FGE and they make a difference, I also added trailing edge fences and they make a difference.    With both, I can put the plane into 2000 ft runways or clear trees.    I flew for ten years out of Moraine airpark in Dayton which is short, 20 ft river levees at both ends and 75 ft  mature trees-the velocity handled all with great ease.    The trick was learning to slow down on the approach and landing.    Anyone can fly fast, but learning to slow down on final is a must and the VGs and fences help a lot-especially for those of us who don't have those big MT rotating speed brakes.

Bill Stockman
Senior Associate
Dayton Aerospace, Inc.

937.426.4300  Office