REFLECTOR: Solid models

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Tue Jan 3 15:46:16 CST 2012

David,

I don't have a file for the SE, but there are some XL files available for CAD systems. You may be able to tweak their dimensions to fit your purposes. I've added them to the downloads area of VelocityXL.com:
http://www.velocityxl.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=35

There are 2 models in AutoCAD (DWG) format and 1 in Google SketchUp (SKP) format. If you need these converted for use in some other program, feel free to contact me. I'll try to help.

Reiff Lorenz, XL-RG
Strakes are in process.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of David Ullman
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:19 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Ailerons and solid models

Thanks for all the words.  I have rerouted the push pull cables to get the most open curve possible and a 90deg approach to the aileron control arms.
They move much easier with a 4 lb force applied  at the top of the stick being sufficient to get the stick to move. There is very little play in the system.  It is as good as I can get it and now I just wait for the NW rains to let up so we can test fly it again.  Another well spent 30+ hours of fun in cramped places.

I am working on another project and using a solid modeler (a state of the art CAD system).  Anyone know of a good solid model of a SEFX?  I can import most any common file type.  If there isn't one out there, then I might make one.  It will be good for simulation games and to design paint schemes. Be happy to share it if I do make one.

David Ullman
N-444DX Velocity
EAA 292 President
david at davidullman.com