REFLECTOR: TruTrak Automatic Trim

Bob Jackson bobj at computer.org
Sun Jan 1 19:58:13 CST 2012

No, that's not the way the TruTrak is supposed to work -- in fact, if you
don't have the auto trim box, the TT display will show a special 'moving
ladder' symbology when it's out of trim.

And the unit DEPENDS on the pilot to manually trim the elevator until the
'moving ladder' symbology goes away (which means that the elevator is back
in trim, and no pitch spikes when it's disengaged).  The TruTrak autopilot
does not prevent the pilot from trimming when it's engaged -- at least not
our model (DigiFlight II VSGV).

Bob