REFLECTOR: TruTrak Automatic Trim

Bob Jackson bobj at computer.org
Sun Jan 1 11:59:09 CST 2012

Thanks Brett -- hope your Trio works well for you.  I also liked the Trio
(especially the user interface), when we were looking a couple of years ago,
but there was no full interface for it with the GRT EFIS.

And we have so much EFIS redundancy already in our plane, that the value of
integrating a full TruTrak or Trio autopilot (with its own integrated gyro)
seems like overkill -- especially now that GRT is selling autopilot servos
for their EFIS.

Bob

PS  Great job, again, and thanks for organizing the calendar design this
year!

PSS  One 1542 SM, 5.6 hour, 77 gal leg from KAPA (Denver) to X04 (Orlando)
with 30 to 60 kt tailwinds (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N2XF --
notice the great circle route curvature!) -- the Velocity is amazingly
efficient!

  _____