REFLECTOR: N173VS first taxi

David Ullman ullman at robustdecisions.com
Mon Feb 20 11:53:01 CST 2012

Congrats on taxing.  Check your toe-in also.  So far no shimmy on N444DX.  I
think most shimmy is caused by front strut miss-alignment and toe in
asymmetry. We are shut down on tests because of NW sucky weather.  Last
flight was 40+ minutes.  Roll control is much better and 444DX is showing
signs of being a fast plane.

My test pilot complained of the trim overshoot.  So I have added circuitry
to eliminate that.  I couldn't get the single pole double throw version to
work (it makes sense on paper, but....) so I did it with a double throw,
double pole and it works fine on the ground.  We will see how it is in the
air.

David Ullman
N-444DX Velocity
EAA 292 President