REFLECTOR: Wiring

Ron N Velocity XLFG VelocityXL at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 17 11:41:00 CST 2012

Simple note .
I have been chasing a engine issue on my Lt1 for months . I found the problem
to be a loose buss bar contact. Some times it would make good contact
other times not at all. The bolt was barley snug .  I found it after reading the
article on the Alternator (Thanks To who ever sent it  very enlightening. I will be changing
may alternator circuit to include a relay cut off of the field circuit  when starting the engine)
A must from what I read .
  The article also  talked about resistance of Switch contacts.
So I was doing some checking on the conductivity of a set of wires and bingo.
Found a contact that had some resistance that should have not been there.
So I put a new crimp on the wire made sure all of the other  screws were tight and now
it runs much better. Frustrating how one wire crimp can cause me so much
frustration.

Make sure all your life  connections are solid  Thanks Reflectorits

Ron