REFLECTOR: Cowling Attachment

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 07:50:33 CST 2012

Bill,
Thanks, this data is a huge timesaver. I already have my bird flying on 10's and 8's. I hope the retrofit will be a little easier than from scratch, but possibly more labor intensive. Would you mind a few spec's?
How many fasteners used on:
1) leading edge top cowl (or if if hinged/whatever)
2) leading edge bottom cowl
3) port and stbd side top cowl
4) port and stbd side bottom cowl
I frankly think I have considerably more fasteners that is safely needed. I think I have 8 long #10 on the dog house and know it only needs four. My battery hatch has 10 #10s and I will reduce that number if I don't go with a hinged, forward opening affair.
I am concerned about the ones installed that that are not attached to the receptacle, I understand the reason but wish there was a better solution. I have been routinely repairing damage to the MT back there...  :(
Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4