REFLECTOR: More On Circuit Breakers

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 19:52:06 CST 2012

All,
You guys all got the old analog-brain fascinated by this discussion of the
Solid State Circuit Beakers, here are some websites I found add to the
discussion:

The Navy saw the problem a long time ago article from 2001:

http://www.iasa.com.au/folders/Safety_Issues/Aircraft_Wire/agingaircraft_wiringrisk.htm

I notice the the mechanical 'Popper' CB's are nonetheless still currently
MILSPEC:

http://www.sensata.com/klixon/circuit-breaker-aircraft-military.htm

http://www.peerlesselectronics.com/military_spec.0.html#c160

Here we read MILSPEC is not good enough in a CB:

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/articles/print/volume-13/issue-12/departments/viewpoint/mil-spec-is-not-enough-for-circuit-breaker-specification.html

Bottom Line: we haven't crossed the line to the next big thing in aviaton
CB's from what I can read. Vertical Power looks -very- promising, If you
guys will fund some ejection seats I'll be the ginuea pig :) Martin-Bakers
are 1MM each?
Did I mention my thoughts concerning in-flight fires?

http://www.verticalpower.com/products.html

Mark Magee
N34XL XLFG 300HP 80HRS
Brady TX