REFLECTOR: Cowling Attachment - Screws Will Back Out!

Laura Walker blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 11 07:04:35 CST 2012

A word of caution for anyone who uses the factory cowl screws and anchor nuts. Yes, they do screw down tight, but you will have your cowling on and off the plane many many times both before and after it flies. The anchor nuts will eventually lose their pinch and allow the screws to back out. After my third prop repair, I decided to make the change, and no, I don't own Skybolt stock. Their receptacles are far superior to camloc's, in that they can accommodate depths from .040" to .400".

Bill Walker

Sent from my iPad