REFLECTOR: Water Condensation in Wing Tanks & Sump

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 20:44:32 CST 2012

Keep tanks topped off as possible. In 10 years of Long EZ flying I never
captured -any- water in the gascolator or sumps. 2 years now with the Velo
XLFG and no hint of water from the sump drain. Glass tanks are -much- less
susceptible to condensation inside the tank than aluminum aircraft. I would
not be concerned on water on the outside surface of the cap.
Mark Magee
N34XL XLFG 300 HP 80 Hours
Brady TX