REFLECTOR: Cowling Attachment

Laura Walker blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 9 07:36:02 CST 2012

I have had excellent service with Skybolt fasteners.

Their ZG28S3-Set2 worked very well everywhere on the cowling. It's adjustable-depth receptacle
Is a trick piece of engineering.

To make it even easier to remove the plenum runners, I changed the bottom ones out with their ZG2500 series Winged Head fasteners which can be reached blind and turned by hand.

I opted to use all without the stud retainers so the fasteners are free from the cowling. Many of our locations have to slide into position (top and bottom cowl-to-fuselage), precluding fixed protrusions.

I even have them on my nose hatch and some really long ones on my doghouse cover. I can have both off the plane in about 15 seconds.

Bill

Sent from my iPad