REFLECTOR: Levelling the aircraft - base point ?

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:06:54 CST 2012

My instruction manual specified fuselage dimensions relative to the nose, for example the bottom of the cowl opening should be 3 inches lower than the nose. One day I used a water level to confirm the fuselage was level, then drilled two 1/8" holes in the fuselage about 2 feet apart perfectly level. Now when I want to level the aircraft I stick a couple of 1/8" drill bits in the holes and lay a level on top of the two pins.

Doug Holub
Hampton, Tennessee