REFLECTOR: Question about fuel site gauge

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:12:11 CST 2012

Five (5) gal increments. keep in mind that you first have to put in the
quantity
equal to your sump tank volume (2.5 gls for Std elite), then start your 5
gal marks. I view the fuel in my
sump tank as unusable, which gives me added safety .

I found it easier to (1) level the aircraft. (2)  Fill the sump tank. (3)
Pour in ten gallons (five in each tank) and let sit
for 15 minutes, (4)  place first 5 gal mark on both sides, then repeat
steps 3 and 4 till full.

Mike W.