REFLECTOR: Fwd: How to fuel up and live to tell aboutit.(LaurenceCoen)

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Tue Feb 7 13:21:30 CST 2012

I'm not sure about that, I searched the views and didn't see a shop fire.
But there was an article in Sport Aviation about the Wings losing thier
first RG in a shop fire, and not to this particular cause.

[LINK: http://www.velocityxl.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=152]
http://www.velocityxl.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=152

"The cause of the fire that destroyed the Swing's Velocity RG is something
everyone should be wary of, during the winter months, especially, when
working in heated shops.  Virtually ready to fly. the airplane was in the
shop having its fuel tanks flushed out, the gasoline was draining into open
buckets.  the vapors spread across the floor to a kerosene heater and
who-o-omp1 Fortunately, the Swings were standing far enough
away from the buckets of gasoline and were not injured Remember, just
because you can't see gasoline vapors, don't ignore their potential for
disaster Interestingly, the only parts of the fuselage and wing strakes
that did not burn were the very bottoms of the fuel tanks where liquid fuel
remained. It's the vapor that burns, not the liquid."

Brett