REFLECTOR: Dynon remote compass

Glenn Babcock glennbabcock at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 6 15:45:08 CST 2012

I tried many places around the cabin, including all around the panel, the floor under the seats, and the baggage strakes.  It seemed to work best on the glare shield, so I ended up putting it INSIDE the glare shield.

The glare shield is a fiberglass/foam sandwich.  I cut a notch centered in the aft end just big enough for it to slot in.  It worked well, but the remote compass case was too thick, so I took the circuit board out, cut the case down, replaced the D9 connector with a smaller connector, and put it all back together.  The case is now about 1/2 the original thickness.  It fits into the glare shield flush, and with the covering material in place you can't even tell it's there. Works great!

Regards,
Glenn