REFLECTOR: thread goop

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 3 20:00:35 CST 2012

Doug,
I have tried many sealants on various petroleum products. There are many things that work OK as far as thread sealants. The best thing I have found is the YELLOW colored teflon tape that they use on natural gas lines. It is available at HD, Lowes, True Value, etc. I used some (supposed) fuel resistant thread sealant on my sump tank Sure enough, it started to weep over time. Since I have used the Yellow teflon tape, no problems.

Note:  Obviously, if you are using a sending unit threaded into something, you have to make allowances to complete the circuit (Leave a few threads bare to complete the circuit).

Kurt