REFLECTOR: Cold Weather Flying

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Dec 21 11:32:08 CST 2012

I have variable intakes.  I am not using the stock armpit scoops, but
made my own armpit scoops.  I will see if I can find some pictures.
They are driven by a threaded rod and stepper motor that is just forward
of the spar inside the strake.  At the moment they are fixed in the open
position.  I do not have the electronics to drive the steppers
installed.  I just put in the hardware, and will go fly like this for a
while.  When I get the time I will install the electronics that gets a
signal from the CHT system off the SMBUS.  They will be autonomous.