REFLECTOR: Battery Advice

sbjknox sbjknox at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 10 21:32:33 CST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ruben Creus" <ruben at vainneg.com>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Battery Advice

> Talking about batteries, It is time to change mine; we had some discharges
> over time and not holding well now. I am thinking on an Odyssey 925.

I have four Odyssey 925 batterys, one in Velocity, one in Starduster, one in
'57 Triumph TR3, and one in '89 Ford Probe.  Oldest is about 7 years old and
as potent as when new.  The only one that gets a float charger (Harbor
Freight, about $8) is the Probe because sometimes it sits for a few months
between use and the computer (ECU) will slowly suck it dry.  Odyssey
batterys recover very well from a deep discharge.  Self-discharge is
essentially zero.

Sid Knox
Oklahoma

Velocity  173 RG  N199RS