REFLECTOR: GPS outage, no big deal

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 2 20:10:36 CST 2012

As far as the VOR system goes, it depends on who you ask. Just today I was in a briefing on RNAV Stars into the Denver area where they said that they plan on decomissioning all the VORs soon. Now this person really doesn't know what they are talking about as far as logistics go, but she heard it somewhere!  I have also heard that they do plan on trying to decommission some of the VORs that are not used for approaches.. but that was about 10 years off the last I heard.

Honestly, You could probably ask 5 people very high up in the chain and get 5 different answers.

Kurt