REFLECTOR: GPS outage, no big deal

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 12:50:45 CST 2012

Hi Scott,
I'm glad GPS jamming has had little affect on you. My point is it is out
there, and from indications a growing problem.
I hope the VOR/ILS system will be maintained indefinitely or until a long
term solution on this situation enters the equation. I had heard VOR/ILS
was being eyed for long-term phase out with GPS and WAAS to to take over.
I will be more interested in an EFIS that can perform an NDB triangulating
function as backup for GPS. I know Grand Rapids uses their AHRS using
electronic INAV as primary. That is reassuring.
Mark