REFLECTOR: NextGen NAV

James Lotspeich jlotspeich34 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 12:18:08 CST 2012

The BAE system is based on simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) technology used in robotics.  The problem is that long paths suffer from additive error.  Sat-based GPS will still be required to correct these errors.  Is it an improvement?  Yes.  Will it fully address jamming? No.  In the non-jam environment, you can expect this to provide accuracy down to a foot or less if using a quality direction finder.

On the flip side, GPS jamming is not exactly a common problem.  There are many more pressing problems to worry about, like how am I going to convince my wife to let me start building?

James Lotspeich