REFLECTOR: Velocity Builders Virtual Hangar - new link

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Wed Aug 29 20:58:10 CDT 2012

Thanks to everyone who let me know about the recent problems with the Virtual Hangar. The service provider had a technical glitch that required re-creating the meeting space. There is a new URL to use to log in:

https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65

As always, no username or password is required. Just click the link.

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 35% complete
Currently working on: Rudder cable pulleys

The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar is available 24/7 at:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65

The original July 2012 announcement updated with new link:

If you've ever wished that there was someone next door who was also building a Velocity, there is now a way to virtually create that environment. All you need is an Internet-connected computer (Mac/PC/Linux or any other OS that runs Flash), and this address:

https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65

It is a free online video-conference space for Velocity owners and builders to meet. This meeting space is on and available 24/7 for anyone in the Velocity community that wants to use it. I'm going to be logging into it from the computer in my workshop whenever I'm in there. I'm hoping it will prove to be a great resource for quick questions and interesting discussions between builders, especially during "off" hours when the Velocity factory is closed.

It features:

*         full audio / video conferencing between all participants

*         a white board

*         text chat

*         online video sharing

*         a document center loaded with Velocity manuals

No username or password is required. Just go to the address above and enter your name. You'll immediately be connected with every other builder who is also on that site. It is NOT dependent on my computer or my internet connection, and it is always available.

I'll try to be there most Saturdays, Sundays, and Tuesday evenings (my regular build schedule) and any other time I'm in the workshop. Feel free to log in anytime, though, whether I'm there or not. Use it however you want: chat with others, have it on in the background while you work, ask a question of whoever is around, or whatever. Want to set up a quick video conference with someone on the Reflector? Send them the link above. On the phone with the factory and wish you could draw a diagram? Send them the link above and use the whiteboard. Want some company during your annual condition inspection? Log in for the whole weekend!

Share this with anyone in the Velocity community, but please don't post the link anywhere public! The Reflector is OK; email it to anyone; mentioning it on Brett's forum is fine; but please do not post it anywhere public like Facebook groups or EAA forums. This address is an auto-login address and if it is spread around too much, it will soon be overrun by Internet scum.

Hope to see you all in the virtual hangar!

Reiff Lorenz
Dayton, OH.
Velocity XL-RG

The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar is available free 24/7 at:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65