REFLECTOR: Pilots report cockpit power failures + a feel good story.

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Aug 23 17:36:33 CDT 2012

When I flew out of KWVI on the Left Coast, keeping current was hard not
to do. The marine layer ensured IFR depts and arrivals on a regular
basis. And really nice warm ones with no ice or thunderstorms!

After I moved to New Mexico, its really tough staying current. I took
many re-currency exams becasue I just couldn't find the pilots that
wanted to spend the time and money flying approaches and doing air work
under the hood.  Not to mention that now IFR weather here usually means
embedded thunderstorms or icing or both..

I'm not current now and haven't been in about 2 years.

Scott

--
Sin makes its own hell, and goodness its own heaven.
Mary Baker Eddy