REFLECTOR: Turbo diagnosis update.

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Tue Aug 21 21:19:34 CDT 2012

If it's plugged, it could just be oil-logged.  (if that's a real word)
I don't know about yours, but my turbo requires an oil check valve
before the scavenge pump, because my turbo is located below the sump oil
level.

Mine always leaks some oil into the intercooler after shutdown, and I
hope that some high temp running will coke in the seals. Until then, I
drilled a small weep hole in my intercooler to drain any liquids that
may get in there.  Yup, it's an intentional manifold leak, but doesn't
seem to be an issue so far.  I may tap it and put a screw in it later.