REFLECTOR: Turbo concerns

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 13:56:17 CDT 2012

Chris,

I think you do have a turbo problem but I think there is more too it than
that.  The numbers that you supplied suggest that the computer controlling
the spark advance and gas air ratio is getting different information with
the turbo connected and disconnected.  If you look at the 2000 RPM data the
engine gets the same RPM with two very different manifold pressures.  In
both cases the engine load is the same (the prop).  The only way you could
get the same RPM with an increase of 1.8" manifold pressure is to retard the
ignition or screw up the mixture.

Larry Coen
N136LC