REFLECTOR: Anyone use Interlux Perfection on aircraft?

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:28:25 CDT 2012

http://www.yachtpaint.com/usa/diy/products/finishes/perfection.aspx

Interlux Perfection is a two-part polyurethane paint.
Interlux formulates Perfection for brush/roll on application - however
the application instructions mention spray painting as an alternative.

Not long ago I spray painted my brother's Boston Whaler with white color
Interlux Perfection.
I was amazed at the gloss finish.  The paint looked as 'wet' after
curing as it did going on.  Really nice.  No after buffing or wet
sanding.  Shines like glass.

The more I thought about the great look of Perfection, the more I
thought about its possible use as an aircraft paint.
Question for the group - has anyone used Interlux Perfection (or similar
2-part polyurethane boat paint) on their Velocity?
I'm rationalizing that if a paint can stand up to the pounding and
torture of yachting operations, it should be able to do equally well for
aircraft.

 > Nick Jones - Love to hear your opinion about this, given your
familiarity with the marine community.

Thanks!
Scott B.