REFLECTOR: Voltage across Mag Switch

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:28:23 CDT 2012

Kevin,

I have a similar setup on mine.  The only addition I've made is that I have
a key switch that enables/disables the starter button (yes, they could hand
prop it, but it'll keep the stupid thieves away).  The mag switch should be
connecting the P-lead from the mag to ground (to disable the mag).  I'm
using a LightSpeed EI which has a Mag-like disable connection (i.e. connect
the pin to ground to disable it).  Or, you could use that switch to control
power to your EI unit, but then when you do a mag check, you won't get the
RPM output from your EI unit.

Sorry more info than you asked for, but, no, you should not be seeing a
voltage at the mag switch.

Geoff