REFLECTOR: Aileron cables for side sticks

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:31:44 CDT 2012

Generally speaking, long lengths of Teleflex type cables introduces
added friction and 'play' into the system.
While the through the keel torque tube can be a royal pain to install,
it offers more positive control and less friction.  This is my opinion.
The Velocity twin features the type of cable control system that you
propose.  Might be good to seek John Abraham's opinion as to the pros
and cons of long aileron control cables.
The Velocity SUV models features long aileron control cables - and I
felt that the control system was okay.  I know of one XL (260hp) that
featured center mounted dual flight controls and full length aileron
control cables - and it too handled okay - remember though, these models
have added mechanical advantage of a control wheel.
Just food for thought.
Scott B.