REFLECTOR: AUA Insurance

Stockman, Bill bill.stockman at daytonaero.com
Tue Aug 7 20:19:44 CDT 2012

I have had Falcon for years, try Conrad if interested:    Conrad Geeslin [CGeeslin at falconinsurance.com]
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Scott Baker [scottb33333 at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:13 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: AUA Insurance

For the longest time I have been supporting Pam Sharpe and AUA aviation
insurance out of Greensboro, NC.  Pam was one of the few agents 'out
there' that took an interest in insuring Velocity aircraft and worked
diligently to secure affordable insurance for Velocity owners.  AUA was
recently purchased by another insurance agency based in Alabama.  Soon
after Chartis (AIG) Insurance announced a business 'divorce' from AUA.
Chartis sent letters to all of its policy holders written by AUA to
announce that they (Chartis) would no longer accept new or renewal
policies from AUA. Soon after I received the letter from Chartis, Pam
telephoned to explain AUA's position and to say that she was able to
provide comparable coverage at a comparable premium with another
insurance carrier.  I asked Pam to secure coverage with the comparable
company.  Several weeks went by with no communication from AUA.  I sent
an Email to Pam asking for confirmation to coverage.  No reply.  Two
weeks later I send a follow up Email asking for confirmation of
coverage.  No reply.  Two weeks later I telephoned AUA, which was
answered by a message machine.  Called again the next day - and again
the call was answered by a message machine.

With this background, I visited NationAir (which has a regional office
located at Sebastian, FL).  Formally changed insurance agencies - and
asked my new agent to renew my aircraft's insurance policy with
Chartis.  I received word today that my policy had lapsed during my
back-and-forth communications with AUA - and that while Chartis is happy
to underwrite a policy for my aircraft, they consider it a 'new' policy
due to the lapse in coverage ... which includes a higher premium for
'new' policies.

Needless to say, I am upset that Pam Sharpe/AUA -
* Failed to follow up (at all) following a telephone request and two (2)
Emails requesting confirmation of coverage, and that
* That they (and me) allowed the current coverage to lapse - which
causes me to
* Pay a higher premium to insure my aircraft because of the lapse in
coverage.

Not Good.  Sorry to see a once "good guy" insurance agency go bad.

If you have AUA as your insurance agent, please pay attention to your
policy expiration date.  If the aircraft is insured through Chartis, be
sure to renew through a Chartis approved agency.

Scott B.