REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 85, Issue 112

Dave T Nelson dtnelson at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 25 13:47:34 CDT 2012

Hi Bob -

Below, you say that the bathroom tub caulk you use is "easily removable"...
Wow... I'd sure love to know how you remove it.  Is there a chemical you
are using?  I've always hated taking the stuff off... razor blade,
scraping, grunting and cursing are the only things that have worked for
me...

Thanks!
Dave

Dave T. Nelson
T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering

----- Message from Robert Wood <slvegl99 at aol.com> on Wed, 25 Apr 2012
11:21:12 -0400 -----

      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
          <reflector at tvbf.org>

 Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Water

I use white bathroom tub caulk to seal around the hatch and the
hatch/canard gaps. makes a good seal, looks good and is easily removable
when you need to take the hatch off. I think there are a hundred ways to
seal around the torque tube, but none work to my knowledge.

Bob Wood
N658SE

Sent from my iPad